Mold-Help.org
Return to the Home Page
View the Mold-Help.org Site Map


Search this Site using
Google


    This Site
    The WWW
Search Mold-Help.org for Vital Mold Information and Resources
 
Rhizopus   PDF  Print  E-mail 
Posted by Susan Lillard  
Sunday, 03 October 2004

Frequently found in house dust, soil, fruits, nuts, and seeds, rhizopus often grows in fruit and vegetable garbage, or in forgotten leftover food. Exposure to large numbers of rhizopus spores has reportedly caused respiratory complications. Rhizopus can be an allergen and opportunistic pathogen for immunocompromised individuals, especially those with diabetic ketoacidosis, malnutrition, severe burns, or in some cases, the common cold.

May cause mucorosis in immune compromised individuals. The sites of infection are the lung, nasal sinus passages, brain, eyes, and skin. Infection may have multiple sites. This mold produces mycotoxins, which can be inhaled and ingested. Occupies a biological niche similar to Mucor  allergen/toxin. The Zygomycetous fungus is reported to be allergenic/toxigen, as well. As with all toxigenic molds, this fungus can alter DNA and cause permanent neurological, psychological, pathological, and immunological damage.

Cases of mucormycosis from rhizopus infection. This so-called non invasive mold has disfigured many individuals, who had seemingly effective immune systems.

 

For treatment, symptoms, and more information see www.mold-survivor.com


 
Home | Glossary | Current Headlines | Resources | Discussion Board | Products | Events | Contact Us Now! | Disclaimer
 
  © Mold-Help.org 2003 - All Rights Reserved - Atlanta Web Design - Atlanta Internet Marketing
  The contents of this site may not be copied in any matter unless permission is granted by the author.
!! NO EXCEPTIONS !!