Mold-Help.org
Return to the Home Page
View the Mold-Help.org Site Map


Search this Site using
Google


    This Site
    The WWW
Search Mold-Help.org for Vital Mold Information and Resources
 
Addressing mold issue   PDF  Print  E-mail 
Posted by Susan Lillard  
Wednesday, 09 February 2005

This is a letter in response to the news of a mold-contaminated county building in Arizona from a concerned citizen-

I have spent some time determining whether to address the mold Issue in the county building, and find that in good conscience, I must speak my mind and share a horrific truth. I know, first hand, the effects of molds on individuals.

He was toxically exposed over an extended period of time, to a variety of molds (Aspergillus, Fusarium, Penicillium and Stachybotrys) in his workplace. The company he worked for did not consider the leakage a significant problem. Tests were done and molds were found in the walls, as well as the books, etc. The results were intensive mold saturation. (Mold takes it's own time growing, knows few boundaries and like the cockroach, is almost impossible to destroy.)

The results of mold exposure can be: apnea, asthma, attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, blindness, hemorrhaging, migraines, dementia, multiple chemical sensitivity, physical disfigurement, rage, despondency, loss of memory, loss of ability to comprehend and multitasking, the inability to normally interact, respiratory problems, physical dysfunction and inability to concentrate long enough to form a complete thought, let alone complete sentences.

My husband was the victim of mold exposure almost four years ago. I tell you this because I have watched an incredibly intelligent, diverse, articulate, effective man who was actively involved in the entire county and its development, struggle for almost four years and fight to get his mental and physical health back. The result has been unimaginable. His doctors basically saved his life, because they knew the horrors of mold. I wish you to educate yourselves, before you inadvertently set many at risk. Occupying a building with chronic water intrusion is unconscionable.

A little bit of mold is nothing to sneeze at. Please, City Council - do not jeopardize your own, as well as your employees' futures. Take advantage of the expertise you have right here in your community.

Trust me on this one, the potential dollars you save now, could mean hundreds of thousands the city could be paying out (at taxpayers expense) in the future. You are the leaders, lead wisely.

Pamela Harlan

Benson


 
Home | Glossary | Current Headlines | Resources | Discussion Board | Products | Events | Contact Us Now! | Disclaimer
 
  © Mold-Help.org 2003 - All Rights Reserved - Atlanta Web Design - Atlanta Internet Marketing
  The contents of this site may not be copied in any matter unless permission is granted by the author.
!! NO EXCEPTIONS !!