Signs and Symptoms
These will vary and may include the following.
- Swollen limbs, accompanied by pain, redness, heat
- Facial puffiness and/or abdominal bloating
- Shortness of breath; extreme difficulty breathing; coughing up blood
- Sudden change in mental state or coma
- Muscle aches and pains
What Causes It?
Imbalance in the body’s fluid transfer can be caused by the following.
- Sitting or standing for long periods
- Toxins in the body
- Certain medications
- Infection or injury to a blood vessel; blood clots; varicose veins
- Kidney, heart, liver, or thyroid disease
- High or low blood pressure
What to Expect at Your Provider’s Office
Your health care provider will look for varicose veins, blood clots, wounds, or infections. An X ray, computed tomography scan, magnetic resonance imaging, urine test, or blood test may be necessary. Edema caused by organ failure or high altitude sickness may require hospitalization.
A good provider will order the necessary tests to see if you have been exposed to any toxigenic molds.
This site is not intended to give medical advice. Seek the advice of a professional for medication, treatment options, and complete knowledge of any illness. The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions do not necessarily reflect my peers or professional affiliates. The information here does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.