How Can You Determine If You Are Being Affected by Toxic Mold?
I have recently moved back to Pittsburgh, PA from Florida and reside in a renovated railroad station which houses up-scale apartments. I live on the top floor of the building. I have lived here about 6 months; over the last 2 months, I have experienced certain symptoms which I did not know to put down to a change of life in terms of moving or sinus or allergy symptoms. During the last several months, I have had a short memory and have a hard time focusing for long periods of time on something. For instance, I am starting a new business and am working out of my residence; however, other than not good lighting, I was not able to concentrate like I have had been able to in the past. During the past 3 months especially, I had been sneezing, itchy eyes, my throat felt a bit constricted and constant fatigue.
I know these are also symptoms of allergies and/or sinuses. But, how can you tell the difference? I do believe that about 4 to 6 months ago, they were working on the roof of our building. It is above my second floor. I was looking for some direction as to what I need to do to make certain that I am not being infected by mold. I understand it can have long term effects; I am 38 years old and in general shape and health.
I finally had a panel of medical tests done sited on this website. They came back positive. I never needed a medical doctor. Instead, I went to a naturopath. She healed me some in addition to the diet on this site (The diet was about 80% of it, believe me!). Now, I live elsewhere and watch what I eat but I feel great. Life is wonderful again.