Hurricane Mold Epidemic: Some Clean Ups Can Be Worse Than Mold
New Orleans, LA – In the wake of the horrific events spurred by Hurricane Katrina, there is an urgent need to address the toxic mold epidemic in the Gulf Coast. Currently, mold removal companies are using toxic chemicals, such as biocides, pesticides and bleach, to combat the problem. Large quantities of these toxic chemicals can have serious health effects. A majority of the chemical residues will be left on building surfaces, possibly creating more hazards for homeowners and occupants. Young children are especially vulnerable, partly because of exposure. They are still developing the basic body systems: the brain, internal organs, respiratory and immune systems are not fully developed until adolescence. These toxic chemical have VOCs. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are found in chemicals from paints, coatings and cleaning fluids. They are a major concern of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). VOCs have been found to be a major contributing factor to ozone, a common air pollutant which has been proven to be a public health hazard.
VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which have short-and long-term adverse health effects. It can affect the normal function of lungs in many healthy humans and aggravate symptoms of people with pulmonary diseases and increase rates of asthma attacks.
There are alternative products to remove mold and mildew contamination. One product being evaluated by the Mold Help Organization, an establishment that promotes education, advocacy, and solutions for mold victims, is Mighty Micros www.mightymicros.com. Their rating will be pending laboratory results. Bio-Sciences has been extremely generous and selfless in providing service and assistance towards Mold Help’s consumers, donating time and products when requested. The cost of the product, however, is so inexpensive compared to others, that it is extremely affordable for the entire public.
The product technology works by neutralizing amino ions and sulfur-based ions to eradicate odor. This product contains stain removal components, which help to dissolve and remove tough stains that include protein-based, petroleum-based and grease-based stains. You can spray it onto any contact surface area, such as countertops, carpets, vents, walls, ceilings, floors and furniture.
It’s non-toxic, non-hazardous, biodegradable, and environmentally safe.
This technology was created by Bio-Science Environmental Services and Laboratory, Inc. Mike Erwin VP of sales said “OSHA has performed a VOCs test and it safe for humans and pets.” In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, thousands of properties are affected by mold contamination. Mighty Micros offers a safe, all-natural and easy solution to toxic mold.
Written by Mike Erwin