I Couldn’t Get Out of Bed!
One morning, I just could not get out of bed. This had never happened to me before. I could not stand up. I called my husband for help. We both thought it might be my heart, so he rushed me to the emergency room. I spent three days there, before anyone could find what was happening to me.
Finally one morning, a nurse asked me if I had done anything differently the day before. I couldn’t think of a single thing – just the usual. THEN, I remembered that I used my CPAP machine after going without it for about a month. She lit up and said, “I bet that’s it! Your symptoms are in line with mold exposure. Go home and check your machine thoroughly for mold.”
I couldn’t image this was the problem, because I always went the extra mile to make sure I followed all the procedures for cleaning my CPAP. I knew for a fact that I had done everything right the last time I put it away. And this kind of thing had never happened before after I wore it during the night.
My husband and I took the CPAP completely apart. Sure enough, there in a tiny space in the air tube, we found mold. WOW! Just a tiny bit of mold, and just one night, and I was incapacitated!! I don’t know what kind of mold it was. Actually, it doesn’t matter at this point. I know that I am sensitive to any mold, and I know that my CPAP can make me sick if I am careless with its care. The good news – after a few days with no mold exposure, I gradually gained my strength, and haven’t had any other incidents since then.
Thanks for the opportunity to share my mold story. Hope it helps others! Barbara