5/29/2003 11:46:29 AM
Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have become the latest victims of a potentially deadly black mold that’s forcing Hollywood stars out of their homes.
The Friends star spotted the dangerous fungus in the garage of the home she shares with husband Pitt earlier this month, while preparing to join the actor on the Malta set of his new movie, Troy.
She says, “I was cleaning out the garage and I found this mold. It was black and thick and really nasty. I had never seen anything so disgusting.
“I started cleaning it out, then I got very sick.”
Experts – who have been investigating the outbreaks of mold in the Hollywood Hills, where Jennifer and Brad own a $15 million home – fear the fungus in question could be the killer stachybotrys (corr).
Dr. Eckardt Johanning, who is heading up the team of experts, says, “I have seen this cause irreparable damage to respiratory systems. Mold is like a toxic cocktail.”