By: Jacque Masse
SHELBY CO., Tenn. – Parents are outraged after a video circulated social media after food service workers served moldy food at a Shelby County school.
A student took the video inside Ridgeway High School on Monday that shows several moldy waffles inside a bag.
The school said the staff didn’t follow the food storage guidelines and will punish the employees who are responsible.
When FOX13 showed people the video, they couldn’t believe it.
“Somebody needs to take a better look at what they are serving,” said Paula Forrest.
The mother of the student who took the video said her kids have become sick after eating at the cafeteria in the past.
“I hope they take care of that really soon. Maybe someone dropped the ball, but I hope they can figure out what it is and get it cleaned out,” said Wells.
Shelby County Schools officials said staff didn’t follow the food storage guidelines. The spokesperson said whoever is responsible will be punished.
Parents said they are thinking twice about letting their kids eat at school.
“I would hate for my child to get sick from some rancid food, E. Coli… that’s very dangerous for children,” said Wells.
For the full statement of officials, click here.