The Mold Help Diet
Note: This diet is adapted from Dr. Vincent Marinkovich
Symptoms of mold hypersensitivity can be worsened by eating foods, such as cheeses, that are processed with fungi. Other foods like mushrooms, which have gills that attract viruses, fungi, and other invaders, dried fruits, and foods containing yeast, soy sauce; which obtains its unique flavor from Aspergillus, or vinegar can also produce allergic symptoms. Avoid these foods if you suspect any mold allergies, or have suffered from prolonged exposure to toxigenic molds, and have yourself checked for leaky gut syndrome by a knowledgeable physician.
A recipe guide will be available soon to make this diet more palatable as this diet is essential to cleansing the body of fungi according to several studies. It makes sense that adding more medication to an overloaded immune system doesn’t always make sense. Mold Help Solutions is happy to offer some alternative advice under the advice of a qualified physician.
Foods to Avoid!
- NO dried fruit; raisins, apricots, prunes, figs, etc.
- NO aged cheese of any kind – Some cheeses are acceptable if milk is tolerable, e.g., cottage cheese, mozzarella, provolone, ricotta and farmer’s cheese.
- NO mushrooms or fungi whatsoever, such as truffles, even avoid sprouts.
- NO Leftovers- Eat within 24 hours, unless frozen (microwave frozen food to thaw quickly)
- NO Breads. Malted means moldy. Dough conditioners are moldy. Sourdough or sourdough starter is the worst. (Sometimes labeled yeast-free) Bread develops surface mold within a day. Some tortillas, biscuits, muffins, cakes and cookies are usually yeast free, yet high in sugar content. You can buy sprouted bread with no yeast (Not sourdough) at the health food store.
- NO Sauerkraut. It has been fermented.
- NO Tomato Products; Juice, sauce, paste, ketchup, etc., are made from moldy tomatoes.
- NO Beer – The darker the beer, the more mold it contains.
- NO Wine or Wine Vinegar – White wine is least moldy; clear vinegar may be tolerated.
- NO Liquor – Vodka, tequila, clear rums are least moldy.
- Be careful of multi-B Vitamins – Many contain either yeast or mold (Rice hulls are moldy). Some are alright. Check with manufacturer. See note below on Aspergillus fermentation process.
- NO cider or fruit juice (juice contains mold as it is made with old fruit).
- NO Pickled and smoked meats and fish, including processed delicatessen foods, sausages, salami, bologna, frankfurters, corned beef and pickled tongue.
- NO eggs
- NO melons, except watermelon if very fresh and eaten same day.
- Avoid fermented products
- NO Yeast
- NO Sugar
NOTE: ALL FOODS WILL BECOME MOLDY IN TIME. SHOP FREQUENTLY, BUY IN SMALL QUANTITIES, AND WHEN IN DOUBT, ASK THE VENDOR ABOUT THE FRESHNESS OF THEIR FOODS. READ LABELS. MOLDS THRIVE ON SUGAR-CONTROL YOUR INTAKE. A MOLDY ENVIRONMENT (HOME, OFFICE, SCHOOL, CHURCH, CAR) CAN BE AN ADDITIONAL PROBLEM. DO NOT STORE FOODS IN A FROST- FREE FREEZER FOR MORE THAN A WEEK TO TWO WEEKS BECAUSE OF THE AUTOMATIC THAW CYCLE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. ORGANIC FOODS, ALTHOUGH MUCH BETTER FOR THE BODY EFFECTED BY TOXIC MOLD DUE TO THE LACK OF CHEMICALS TEND TO MOLD MORE QUICKLY AS THEY LACK ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVES. TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SODA. IT’S LOADED WITH SUGAR. DIET SODA CONTAINS FORMALDEHYDE. THAT’S WORSE!
Foods to Eat
- Eat only freshly opened canned foods and freshly prepared fresh fruits and vegetables. CHECK TO SEE IF ORGANIC PRODUCE TREATED WITH ROTENONE HAS BEEN BANNED IN YOUR STATE, IF YOU CHOOSE TO EAT ORGANICS.
- Eat plenty of protein; including meats, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, and fresh fish as often as possible. It’s amazing how the proper diet can make all the difference in the world.
- Drink bottled water. Tap water contains mold. Try to drink distilled or reverse osmosis water as it retains the good bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Try to avoid chemicals and additives such as hormones and antibiotics. Try to avoid wheat and wheat products as much as possible.
To eliminate fungal growths, do the following:
- Deprive the fungus of moisture (change socks often, use heat, etc.)
- Deprive the invaders of iron (provide extra zinc)
- Deprive the fungus of sugar (modify diet)
- Strengthen the skin’s immune power (avoid lotions etc.)
- Strengthen the skin’s healing ability (keep clean, use H2O2 35% in bathing water, available with other approved products)
Here is how to consume mold-free food:
- Make and bake food items for yourself, using no sugar
- Test the things you dearly love but cannot make or bake
- Treat things that are treatable for molds
- Wash the outside of fruits and vegetables with Vit. C or 17% Hydrogen peroxide solution
- Throw the rest out of your diet!
Recommendations from three medical doctors of the World Health Organization
- Follow a diet to limit intake of mycotoxic food and drink
- Limit growth of toxin-producing fungi in the gut with proper nutricuticals
- Increase vegetable fiber in your diet to bind and prevent absorption of mycotoxins (removal by defecation), but avoid nightshade fruits and vegetables
- Consider dietary plus anti-fungal drugs such as daily aspirin (willow bark) to prevent heart attacks and stroke.
- Consider dietary plus anti-fungal/antitoxin drugs to treat those afflicted by excess fungal colonization/mycotoxin contamination.
Source: Dr. Fulda Clark, Fungalbionics