Makersfield, CA – Family members of 30-year-old Athena Rodman know that black mold from her home killed her. Rodman’s 6-year-old son, Anthony, was shocked to find her dead body in the living room of their apartment Saturday. This is the second reported death in Bakersfield from mycotoxin poisoning in the past three months. “It didn’t seem real […]
South Milwaukee, WI – The empty 37-unit Lake Ridge Apartment building overlooking Lake Michigan is a ghostly reminder of a hazardous mold problem that has caused a legal nightmare for the well-intentioned landlord/investor. Rick Michalski was attracted to the three-story, pseudo Tudor building apartment complex at 3303-05 Marina Road, South Milwaukee based upon the information […]
Repairs in HUD apartment, including the hole in the ceiling and the residual mold in the ceiling, were never addressed.
7/11/03 Olympia, WA – Mary Eckley’s mold-ridden Forest Glen apartment was condemned recently, leaving her homeless. Eckley pitched a tent and lived with her two children in the woods for two weeks.”Tent living, or nothing, is better than those apartments,” said Eckley, who now lives in a Steamboat Island mobile home. “I would never have […]
5-06-02 Cincinnati, OH -The city likely will add to the pool of money to help 560 low-income people relocate this month from a large Bond Hill apartment complex that has been deemed a health hazard. At Vice Mayor Alicia Reece’s urging, City Council will vote Wednesday on whether to allocate $50,000 from a city emergency […]
11/09/03 Pasadena, CA – Something awful is happening to children at the Kings Villages housing complex, says longtime tenant Annie Williams. Many wake in the night with heavy nosebleeds, and have asthma so bad their mothers keep breathing machines by their beds. Some have rashes resembling ringworm. She says excessive mold in some units a by-product […]